Title: Facilitation Skills
Duration: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy. With its focus on fairness andcreating aneasy decision-making process. Creating a comfortable environment through better facilitation provides abetter understanding of what a good facilitator can do to improve any meeting or gathering. The Facilitation Skillswebinar can help any organization make better decisions. This webinar provides an understanding of what facilitationis all about, as well as some necessary tools that can be used to facilitate small meetings. A strong understanding ofhow a facilitator can command a room and dictate the pace of a meeting will have you on the road to becoming agreat facilitator!
In this webinar you will learn:
- Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
- Differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
- Provide tips in choosing and preparing for facilitation.
- Identify a facilitator’s role when managing groups in each of Tuckman and Jensen’s stages of group development: forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Identify ways a facilitator can help a group reach a consensus: from encouraging participation to choosing a solution.
- Provide guidelines in dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions and difficult people in groups.
- Define what interventions are, when they are appropriate and how to implement them.
About the Speaker
Berthine Crèvecoeur West believes the power of knowledge is transformational. She founded Westbridge Solutions on the core competencies of planning and organization, cultural awareness, and collaborative working. Clients of Westbridge would agree that being a catalyst in these competencies enabled their organizations to deliver outstanding service.